One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
Join the Council
The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention consists of member organizations reflecting a broad involvement in skin cancer prevention who endorse the mission/purpose and goals of the National Council.
Types of Membership:
- Core Member – National nonprofit organizations with major ongoing efforts in skin cancer prevention. Core members will each commit financial support for Council operating expenses as estimated annually. Representatives from core organizations will participate in the Steering Committee with the National Council Co-Chairpersons to oversee implementation of the deliverables of Council projects and programs. Core members can vote and serve as Co-Chairperson. Core members will manage expenditures of National Council funds.
- General Member – Organizations with an interest in skin cancer prevention and who endorse the purpose, mission, and goals of the National Council. General Members will serve until they elect to terminate membership or cease to be active. Cease to be active is defined as missing three consecutive meetings. General members can vote and serve as a Co-Chairperson and Committee Chairs.
- Advisory and Federal Liaison Member – Federal and state governmental agencies and organizations with special expertise and/or interest in skin cancer prevention and which endorse the National Council’s purpose, mission, and goals. They will serve until they elect to terminate membership or cease to be active. Cease to be active is defined as missing three consecutive meetings. Advisory members can vote and serve as Co-Chairpersons and Committee Chairs.
- Alliance Collaborator Member – An organization with membership of more than one organization with an expertise or interest in skin cancer prevention. Alliance Collaborator status is renewable on an annual basis by recommendation of the Membership Committee and continued interest of the member. They do not vote, nor can they serve as a Co-Chairperson or Committee Chairs.
Benefits of Membership
- Learn and Network
- Stay Current With Skin Cancer Prevention Trends and Issues
- Be Part of a United Voice for Skin Cancer Prevention
- Attend Bi-annual Membership Meetings
- Gain Access to Legislators
- Serve in Leadership Positions
- Exchange Information and Ideas
- Develop Partnerships and Programs
- Share Resources
- Guide National Policies
- Forum to be Heard
Join the Council Application
Download Council Membership Application below.
- About Us
- Skin Cancer
- Member Section